JoJo Siwa, whose real name is Joelle Joanie Siwa, is an American dancer, singer, actress and YouTube personality born May 19, 2003 in Omaha, Nebraska. She is known for appearing for two seasons on the reality show Dance Moms with her mother, Jessalynn Siwa, and for her singles Boomerang and Kid in a Candy Store. Siwa posts daily videos of her daily life on her YouTube, JoJo Siwa TV and It’s JoJo Siwa channels.
Childhood and career
2003 – 2016: Childhood and Dance Moms
Joelle Joanie Siwa was born in Omaha, Nebraska on May 19, 2003, the daughter of professional dance teacher Jessalynn Siwa and chiropractor Tom Siwa2,3. She has a brother, Jayden Siwa, who is also a vlogger4.
Siwa was among the five finalists in the second season of Abby Lee Miller’s Ultimate Dance Competition series and was the youngest contestant in season 2. She appeared on the show with her mother and was eliminated in week 9. In 2014, Siwa began auditioning for Abby Lee Miller’s ALDC dance competition team and was selected to the team in early 2015. At the same time, she began appearing on the TV show. -reality Lifetime Dance Moms, which follows the ALDC5,6 team.
2016 – present: Musical career
In May 2016, Jojo Siwa posted the clips for his first songs I Can Make U Dance and Boomerang on his Youtube channel. this latest one on the subject of online bullying has been viewed over 450 million times and received over 2.5 million likes 7. In 2018, Siwa was named Vivid Seats Escape Artist of the Year 8.
In 2018, Siwa announced that she would be on her first major concert tour of 2019, titled D.R.E.A.M. Round. It is planned to visit a mix of theaters, amphitheatres and outdoor stadiums, as well as indoor arenas in a total of 52 cities in the United States and Canada. In addition, other performances will take place in the UK. The tour is scheduled to begin in Phoenix, Arizona on May 17. The first leg of the tour ended on June 26 in Austin, Texas, before resuming for the second leg on July 10 in Orlando, Florida. The final date of the second leg was scheduled for August 20 in Vancouver, Canada9.
Recognized by the public for her style of wearing large, colorful bows in her hair, Siwa launched a line of those same bows in 2016: JoJo’s Bows, which is sold in stores at Claire’s. In the UK, these knots were eventually banned in primary schools when teachers discovered that pupils who could not afford to buy these knots, sold for around £ 8 to £ 12. , were abused by their peers. High schools also cited the ban as a distraction, an interference with student concentration and a violation of school dress codes. In 2017, Siwa, whose knots are very present in her music videos and in her general wardrobe, said that they were “a symbol of power, of self-confidence, of conviction.” “10
Siwa subsequently partnered with the American department store J. C. Penney to launch a line of accessories, bedroom decor and a doll in her image, and published several books aimed at young children.
- 2013 : Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition Contestant -> 10 episodes
- 2015 : The View Performed in group dance “Together We Stand”
: Good Day L.A. -> Guest.
: Good Day New York -> Guest
- 2015–16 : Dance Moms Season 5 – 6
- 2016 : Nickelodeon’s Ultimate Halloween Costume Party Ghost / Creepy Girl
: Make It Pop Guest
: Bizaardvark Guest
: The Thundermans Guest; episode: “Thundermans: Banished!” (Nora’s Fan)
- 2017 : Nickelodeon’s Not-So-Valentine Special Girl with Heart / Dancer
: Nickelodeon’s Ultimate Halloween Haunted House –
: Lip Sync Battle Shorties
: School of Rock -> Audrey
: JoJo Siwa: My World
- 2018 : The JoJo and BowBow Show Show Herself, Web Series
- 2019 : JoJo’s Dream Birthday Jojo
: SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout Cameo
: All That Season 11, Guest
: JoJo’s Follow Your D.R.E.A.M Jojo
- 2020 : The Masked Singer Herself (Disguised As T-Rex)
- 2018 : Oops! (Blurt!) -> Victoria
- 2019 : The Angry Birds Movie 2 -> Jay
- I Can Make U Dance (May 1, 2015)
- Boomerang (May 6, 2016)
- Kid In A Candy Store (May 14, 2017)
- Hold The Drama (May 17, 2017)
- Every Girl’s A Super Girl (April 27, 2018)
- High Top Shoes (June 1, 2018)
- Only Getting Better (September 14, 2018)
- Bop! (February 23, 2019)
- Worldwide Party – Remix (March 6, 2020)
- Nonstop (June 19, 2020)
- Jojo’s Guide To The Sweet life: #PeaceOutHaterz (2017)
- Things I love: A Fill-In Friendship Book (2018)
- Jojo Loves Bowbow: A Day In The Life Of The World’s Cutest Canine (2018)
- Jojo’s Guide To Making Your Own Fun: #DoItYourself (2018)
- Take The Stage: Jojo And Bowbow Book # 1 (2018)
- Candy Kisses: Jojo And Bowbow Book # 2 (2019)
- The Posh Puppy Pageant: Jojo And Bowbow Book # 3 (2019)
You may also like this article : Alma wahlberg