Benjamin Thomas Ben Barnes, born August 20, 1981 in London1, is an English actor and singer. He is best known for playing Caspian in the 2nd and 3rd installments of Chronicles of Narnia, Logan Delos in the Westworld series, Billy Russo in the Marvel’s The Punisher series and General Kirigan in the Shadow and Bone: The Grisha Saga series. .
Ben Barnes Biography
Ben Barnes was born on August 20, 1981 in South West London. Her father, Thomas Barnes, is a professor of psychiatry and her mother, Tricia Barnes, of Jewish2 faith and from South Africa, is a psychotherapist. He has a younger brother, Jack. He is also the distant cousin of former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger2.
As a child, he first dreamed of being a cricket player and then a singer before deciding at the age of 15 to get into the theater world after meeting the actors of the National Youth Music Theater troupe, which he joined in 16 years old. He will play there for 6 years. After high school, he first left for Los Angeles where he tried to break through by playing in a few series before returning to London to resume his studies at Kingston University from which he emerged in 2004 with a diploma in English literature and dramatic art. .
Early career: From singer to actor
Ben began his acting career in musical theater. At fifteen, he landed his first real job as a drummer in the musical adaptation of Bugsy Malone. He briefly became a singer in the pop group, Hyrise, which was in the running to represent the UK at Eurovision Song Contest in 2004, with his performance of the title “Leading Me On” 4. However, they lose to James Fox.
It was in 2006 that he began his acting career on television, in the television series Doctors. He also played the same year in the TV movie Split Decision by Simon West.
2007-present: Ben Barnes film debut and return to television
In 2007, he appeared in the film Stardust, the Mystery of the Star5 and then returned to the stage to star in The History Boys6. It was during one of the performances that he was spotted to audition in the role of Prince Caspian of the world of Narnia7, a role he obtained by declaring in particular that he had a good equestrian experience, this experience being reduced in reality to the riding a Shetland pony when he was 8 years old.
After The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, he continues with the romantic comedy A Dream Wedding. This film is an adaptation of the play by Noël Coward: Easy Virtue. This play had already been adapted for the cinema by Alfred Hitchcock when he was still a very young director. After this film, he finds Colin Firth to play in The Portrait of Dorian Gray in which he plays the title role.
A few months later he finds the character of Caspian for the third chapter The Chronicles of Narnia: The Odyssey of the Dawn Treader8. It was during the shooting that he received the script for Killing Bono9, a comedy about Irish group U2 and music critic Neil McCornick. Ben Barnes has said that of all the movies he’s starred in, Killing Bono is his favorite.
From September 28, 2010 to January 15, 2011 he performed the play Birdsong directed by Trevor Nunn at the Comedy Theater in the West End in London10.
In 2012, he starred in the comedy Un grand mariage, a remake of the French film My Brother marries, alongside Robert de Niro, Diane Keaton and Katherine Heigl11.
In 2014, he played in By the Gun (en) by James Mottern. In 2015, he played in Jackie and Ryan by Ami Canaan Mann alongside Katherine Heigl12 and in The Seventh Son by Sergei Bodrov, where he played Tom Ward13.
On July 20, 2015, it was announced that Ben Barnes would replace Eion Bailey in the Westworld14 television series. The first season airs in fall 2016 on HBO.
In September 2016, Ben Barnes landed the role of antagonist Billy Russo / Jigsaw in the television series The Punisher15. The series will air on Netflix in 2017.
Ben Barnes plays the role of General Kirigan in the series Shadow and Bone: The Grisha Saga, adapted from the novels of Leigh Bardugo and broadcast on April 23, 2021 on the Netflix platform.
- 2007: Stardust, the mystery of the star (Stardust) by Matthew Vaughn: Dunstan Thorn young
- 2007: Bigga than Ben by S.A. Halewood: Cobakka
- 2008: Le Monde de Narnia: Le Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian) by Andrew Adamson: Prince Caspian
- 2009: A Dream Wedding (Easy Virtue) by Stephan Elliott: John Whittaker
- 2009: Portrait of Dorian Gray (Dorian Gray) by Oliver Parker: Dorian Gray
- 2010: Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by Michael Apted: King Caspian
- 2010: Locked in by Suri Krishnamma: Joshua
- 2011: Killing Bono by Nick Hamm: Neil McCormick
- 2012: The Words by Brian Klugman: the young man
- 2012: Un grand mariage (The Big Wedding) by Justin Zackham: Alejandro Griffin
- 2014: By the Gun (en) by James Mottern: Nick Tortano
- 2015: Jackie and Ryan d’Ami Canaan Mann: Ryan
- 2015: Le Seventh Son (The Seventh Son) by Sergei Bodrov: Tom Ward
- 2017: Soteria by James Ayling: Danny Wolf
- 2006: Doctors: Craig Unwin (1 episode)
- 2015: Sons of Liberty: Sam Adams (3 episodes)
- 2016-2018: Westworld: Logan Delos (7 episodes)
- 2017-2019: The Punisher: Billy Russo / Jigsaw
- 2019: Gold Digger: Benjamin Greene
- 2021: Shadow and Bone: The Grisha Saga: General Kirigan / The Darkling
- 2006: Split Decision by Simon West: Chris Wilbur
- 2015: Exposed by Patty Jenkins: Stoya
- 2007 – 2008: The History Boys by Alan Bennett: Dakin
- 2010 – 2011: Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks: Stephen Wraysford
You may also like this article: ronnie ortiz-magro